Re: rigth side driving

Len Leeb wrote:

> Nardo Zelazninni chided me for driving on the wrong side of the road;
> well, it was not intentional, I thought I was on a ONE WAY road.
> It was Hiway 40, thru Wheeling (Now there's a driver's town!) W. Va.,
> and the road sign I was looking for was hidden behind a tree. So, here
> I go, careening down the hill, only to meet up with uphill bound
> traffic. When I saw what was inevitable, I closed my eyes.
> Now if this was a TEXAS road, there wouldn't have been a problem,
> right 'Nardo?
> Len, who is glad to be in California, where the grapes grow best!

Hmmmm. In an MG in Texas you most likely would been - I hate to
say it - decapitated as you went under the truck. Not a pleasant
thought.

I've made similar driving errors (and who hasn't after 35 or 40
years of driving?), but with much less dramatic results, thanks
to the Powers that Be. Night driving in an unfamiliar local after
a day (or two) of heavy driving can become very dangerous, very
rapidly.

I've also encountered others coming at me the wrong way on a One
Way street. I've give them all the room they want. I'll climb a
curb or glance a tree if I have to.

Unfortunately, in my flu ravaged mind and body in a antibiotic
drug stupor (@$7.50 a pill, no less) of the last few days I feel
I overstepped the limits of good taste. I offer Len a heartfelt
apology. Head on collisions are no joking matter.  Driving in
general is treated much too casually by most folks.  It's one of,
if not the most dangerous activity we take part in on a regular
basis. I usually take it VERY SERIOUSLY!!

As for grapes, I prefer the fruit of the agave, which grows best
in West Texas and Mexico. To each his own...Come over Len, we can
throw back a few...plan to spend the night.

Going to tuck in the now flu stricken better half. It's my turn
to be the server, not the served.

HOSE OFF YOUR MONITOR AND RUN YOUR ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE AFTER
READING THIS MESSAGE TO AVOID THIS VIRUS...coming to a person
near you, very near, very soon. HOT TIP: Buy stock in cotton face
masks.

BTW, it's `nardo with a little "n" (AKA: `nard, `nerdo, Bernie,
B-nurnie, Zela-zanie, the `ol troublemaker, and "that speedin'
jerk in the alpha romero").

`nardo "obviously returning to reality" zelazninni

My thanks to those offering assistance on the "GTV6 washer tank"
front. Not nearly as important as that pressure tank though. I'm
checking into a possible fit with a -dare I say it-  chebby cameo
(some folks add "r"'s, others remove `em) washer bottle. I'll
report my findings shortly.