Re: 105 Oil Filter Adapter

I looked at the pictures on their web site. Are they sure it will clear
the generator on a 101 motor? It looks fine behind an alternator on a 105,
but it looks tight for a generator car. The other problem I see is that
the filter is sideways, so it still makes a mess when you pull it.

I've managed to source the cannister element thru Carquest, who sells Wix
filters under their own brand. Wix is usually rated well on comparative
tests, AFAIK. The Wix filter for cannisters has a metal shell and a metal
core. The Italian and British equivalents I've been getting have a
cardboard shell that has buckled on me a few times.