105 Oil Filter Adapter

Since we seem to be in the middle of another round of the great "Oil
Filter Debate" I thought I'd pass along the following which I just
received from my long time Alfa pen pal in Austrailia.

His name is Trevor Fay and he's a long time Alfa fan (at one time the
VP of AROC South Australia). He'll be visiting the Bay Area in August
and will be bringing with him an interesting local product: One of the
local expatriate Italian mechanics has come up with an adapter to let
early 105 engines with the cartridge type filter use a modern spin-on type.

I'm passing this on strictly FYI. I have no direct knowledge of this
device and certianly no finacial connection.

Trevor writes:

>I will bringing over to the States an adaptor to enable early 105s to
>use a spin on filter in place of the cartridge filter.  It is machined
>from aluminium and bolts on in place of the existing cartridge/cannister
>unit. The adaptor is made and sold by ex Alfa Australia factory service
>advisor Luigi Amori who operates Ital Service. Liugi is THE senior Alfa
>mechanic in Australia and worked at Il Portello after the war.  Luigi
>hopes to sell them in the States.  The URL for this adaptor is
>alfaclub.org.au/philstorr/alfatech/oilfilt.htm.

>On the page you will find 2 photos of the unit and particulars of it
>including the price.

>Members of the ARA with older model 105s may well be interested in being
>able to use canister filters rather than the messy cartridge filters.
>In Australia the cartridge filters are not obtainable.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    "What luck for leaders that men          |
| Livermore, CA		      |    do not think.  The winner is never       |
| jack@domain.elided   |    asked if he lied." - Adolph Hitler       |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |