Re: Cracked GTV6 overflow bottle

Catching up on the digests from the weekend (yeah I need my own ISP, but I keep
glomming from my employer!), I came across Howard's question, and a quick scan
did not yield any replies to date.  While Howard is searching for a cracked
tank from which to make a replacement, I thought the following might be helpful
to some.

Just so happens while looking for something unrelated I discovered a (very)
small stash of NOS GTV6 coolant tanks.  When I asked the parts people how many
were in stock a couple weeks ago they said 3.  When those are gone, they would
have to locate another source in Europe, not an easy proposition.  I think they
quoted me $95 each.  I thought about it but my 82 GTV6 tank is merely yellowed
with age, and not actually cracked or leaking, so I cannot justify the outlay
for a minor cosmetic improvement under the hood.  If anyone knows how to clean
these things up and make them look like new(er), I would greatly appreciate it.

Meanwhile I selflessly divulge what I suppose could be the last US source of
these items, hoping not to spawn a mad rush to the phone.

Bellevue Alfa Romeo/Lamborghini
Phone Number 425.635.9331
http://www.bellalfalambo.com/
(Go to "Online Store" and there is a GTV6 coolant tank link from that page).

No connections with this source, financial or otherwise.  Also, I am assuming
the overflow bottle and coolant tank to be one and the same (my GTV6 does not
have a separate bottle).  If I am incorrect, or if this source is well known,
then I apologise for the waste of bandwidth.

Regards,

Dave J.
1982 GTV6

On Feb 20,  5:47pm, Warren, Howard K wrote:

> I'm looking for a cracked GTV6 overflow bottle.  Since these items are
> discontinued and hard to get, a local engineer friend of mine has offered to
> help find a substitute.

- --

End of alfa-digest V7 #492