? re Convention Concours

I would much appreciate any guidance or comments from listers regarding
Concours competition at the Alfa Romeo Covention in Kansas City.

Simply, I have never entered a car for judging ever.  Frankly, I have never
had any interest in doing that.  However, I do have a car that is certainly
worthy of sharing with those interested in our marque, and  - what the hell
- - I have decided to give it a go.

What I need to know is, at least basically, what standards are used in this
particular competition.  For example, is it advisable to drive my car from
Wisconsin to Kansas and then enter the car?  Obviously, I am well aware of
competitions wherein unnatural cleanliness is rated so highly that the
trailer queen phenom is a must.  Especially never having done this before,
I am not very interested in sterilizing my car in the hotel parking lot or
whatever.

How do I show my car?  When and from where do I get the proper paper work
and so on for entry?

Where do I get the criteria for judgment?

I just read a thread in the Jaguar list about Concours Competition which
was very interesting.  The point was made that criteria seems to have
evolved according to the kind of entries commonly encountered which in turn
is a reflection of the kind of money involved.  Metaphorically then, a 100%
original and undamaged car showing only the glorious patina of age would be
out of the running since the "restored" cars - of course - would be well
beyond the factory product.

I do not mean to provoke a "new" thread here but do ask for some guidance
on or off list.

Best Wishes

David

By the way, while I do welcome comments and opinions about the idea of
concours competition from all sides, I do believe that our cars are all
about driving despite the fact that the aesthetic appeal of so many Alfas
is almost heart stopping.