Re: Milano brakes

In message , Will Owen <nashwill@domain.elided> writes
>As a follow-up to my last posting about getting the Milano's brakes
>put back in order...I was complimentary to my local shop, and will
>continue to be. HOWEVER: they have somehow been unable to restore the
>proper pedal height to said brakes. They've bled'em, I've done the bit
>with holding the pedal down overnight, all for naught. The pedal still
>goes clear to the floor, and even though it does apparently engage all
>four brakes at that point, it is still very unnerving, especially
>since it used to engage them after barely an inch of travel. Does
>anyone have a clue here?
When I bought my Alfetta GTV the guy who sold me it told me he had a
hell of a time trying to get the brakes bled and had given up.
I found with the help of the Digest that the mechanic had replaced the
front calipers on the wrong sides and that the bleed screws were not at
the top.
Take a look, I hope it's that simple.
- --
jonathan coates