Re: Milano brakes

Will Owen wrote:

>> ...They've bled'em, I've done the bit with holding the pedal
down overnight, all for naught. The pedal still goes clear to
the floor, and even though it does apparently engage all four
brakes at that point, it is still very unnerving, especially
since it used to engage them after barely an inch of travel.
Does anyone have a clue here?<<

Here's a real longshot...

On my Milano the brake MC was bad and I had to replace it.
In the process of replacing the MC the 3/8" tip of the vacuum
booster actuating rod came off and the new MC was put on without
the tip in place. The result was excessive brake pedal travel
before the brakes would grab. This makes sense, since the
actuator rod was too short. Finally figured it. This happened
to another Digester too. Possibly something to check out.

Rich

Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC
Website: http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti

End of alfa-digest V7 #491