oil filters, 164 fitting

<<<< I've recently switched to the Fram PH-3614 for my Alfas.  The specs are
good, but the filter is much smaller and easier to get out of the V6
engines.>>>>

Likewise, I've been using the Fram PH3614 on my 95 Q for the advantage of
its smaller diameter. I've always had the perception, correct or otherwise,
that Fram filters were higher quality.

While on the subject I noticed in the Fram book there is a different filter
recommended for the 91-93 12V 164 [the # escapes me at this time], no
mention of the 95, and the PH3614 [should have been the 3-164] recommended
for the 94. Should this be?

I tried the Bosch book, but the recommended filter was the diameter of a
mature coconut on steroids.

dave s.
95 164Q
83 Aston Martin Lagonda