Not Starting and NEW TOP

Thanks to everyone who responded to my not starting issue.  It's starting
perfectly again.

Something I neglected to mention; the red battery light is on continuously
and gets brighter as the RPMs increase.  When I had the car checked over
before I bought it, the guy told me the alternator was on it's way out.  I
wonder now if it is a grounding issue.  Any suggestions?

I just had my NEW TOP installed.  WOW!!!  What a difference.  The PO had
installed a vinyl top and the car just didn't look good with the top up.
Now it looks excellent.  Highly recommend it.  The installer also adjusted
my windows and cleaned all the rust that had accumulated under the other
top.

He also gave me some advice on taking care of the new top.  The towel is
highly recommended.  Also, if the car is not used for a while leave the top
up.  When washing the back window use a piece of sponge with soap and water.
Just wring the sponge over the window and then wipe ONCE from side to side.

Walter Colbourne
Seattle, WA
'83 Spider Veloce (VFRFLYR - plate)
'91 Honda VFR750F
'73 Honda CB750Four (Cafe Racer)

P.S. Abe in Toronto ... I'd be interested in responses to your power and
header / exhaust question.  Stebros is in Manotick (just outside Ottawa),
you may want to call them.

End of alfa-digest V7 #481