Re: Electronic ignition for 1750

Some time ago, was a question about chancing to electronic ignition.

I am also going to chance electronic ignition for my 1750 GTV -71. We are
now looking suitable Pertronix Ignitor unit with our local agent for
Magneti Marelli S 103 B -distributor, which I have in my Alfa. For
Bosch-distributors, there was unit in shelf, and I hope we can find one for
Marelli too.

Pertronix is very tempting, because assembled system is invisible, every
part of the unit will be located under the distributor cap. Also the price
is very competitive, for Alfa's Bosch distributor it costs here in Finland
65 EURO (peculiar name for the currency) which is about 75 USD or 115 AUD.

Here are some Web-pages you can check out:
http://www.cbsperformance.com/page2.htm
http://members.aol.com/slarsonih/ignition.htm
http://www.halcyon.com/pford/wwwboard/messages/1462.html
http://www.jensenhealey.com/eng.html
http://cbsgi2.bu.edu/bmw/1996/aug/068.html
http://www.dgi.net/cgi-bin/HyperNews/get/914question/37/5/1.html

Everyone, If you have comments or experience about the device, please tell
us about your experience. Especially if you knowledge is negative about the
unit, you have last moment to save me.
_______
Antti S.
Finland