Re: taking off Milano/75 front bumper, moving signal lights

Hi guys,

To remove the Milano/75 front bumper is a three step process.

1.  Remove those plastic "accordian" spacer pieces on both side of the car.
You do this by prying the accordian part from the plastic surroundings.
Take care not to damage the paintwork around the area.  It's easy to do so.

2.  The "bumper" is a separate unit from the chin spoiler; to facilitate
removal of the bumper, you need to remove the chin spoiler by locating the
two bolts on either side of the car that hold the chin spoiler to the
fender sheetmetal.  These are 13mm head bolts.

2.5  Looking once again at my car, it would also help to remove the top
bumper cover piece from the bumper.  This is held on by a series of philips
screws.  They are accessible if you remove the grille and headlights.

3.  From both above and below, you should now be able to access the four
allen bolts that hold the bumper mount/shock absorber.

It's not an easy process and in some cases you or your tool would have to
be double jointed.

As far as signal lights are concerned, Jess Liao has modified his Milano
Verde to have his corner lights act as both the parking and blinker lights.
The light socket can be found at your local Grand Auto.  It should hold a
commonly found (1157?) twin-filament bulb and can be wired accordingly.
Please be sure to wire the blinker to the lower-wattage filament.  My
brother and I melted the inside of a corner light reflector when I wired
them backwards (Wow!  It looks great like that, VERY bright!  Yeah.  See
how long that lasted).

Good luck.

Nizam

'88 75S