Re: Spica Injectors

Michael Hooker posted: "hi, my 80 spider loads up on start up.  it will start,
runs, then die after
a few seconds", than stated that he took the injectors apart.

Michael, I once inadvertently took my injectors apart in the process of
replacing the head gasket.  after reassembly two of them leaked.  There are some
copper washers inside which I believe are only intended to be used once.  They
are compressed and slightly deformed on assembly to make a proper seal and may
leak if the injectors are taken apart and reassembled without replacing the
copper washers.  I think your problem is more likely to be an improperly
adjusted fuel injection pump, perhaps a problem with the thermostatic actuator.
Spica expert advice is needed in your case.  Do you have the AROC Spica tech
notes?

Loyd Heimbruch
Stella del Nord Chapter (Minnesota), AROC
78 Niki Spider