Re: Flat out in a 164

I used to own a 91 164L with automatic trans.  I took it on a 22hr roadtrip
from Salt Lake to Dallas with three other full size men.  During one long
stretch of highway at about 2:00 am, I had it doing 138mph.  Remeber this was
with a full car.  I had a 164 Sport exhaust, a chip, and K&N filters.  No
major modifications but i'm sure it helped a little.  Boy, what a car!  On the
way back from Dallas as we were driving through Moab, Utah we were doing about
125mph and had to slam on the brakes as a lynx was on the highway ahead of us.
Fortunately,  for the cat, ourselves and the machine we didn't hit it.

I was very sad when i had to sell the car due to escalating maintenance costs
and a much needed readjustment of personal finances.  I am now looking for
another.  If anyone can help me locating one let me know.

Bret Powelson