Re: Flat out in a 164

> The most accurate statement I can make about the top speed (per the
> speedometer) of my stock 164L is "somewhere over 140 mph". I can't
> imagine looking down long enough at that speed to get the final
> digit.

I know what you mean. I know the speedo was on 156mph; but I have no
idea what the tach said (which is really irritating; a bit of research
into the gearing and I could have deduced an accurate speed... and
doing it again seems a tad extreme).

> Imagine the reaction time required for a routine event like
> braking for a deer. My eyes were on the road!  This was on an empty
> straight interstate.

Luckily it was 3:30am, and there's not much wildlife on that road...

Posted (magazine) UK top speeds were 143 for the 12V V6 and 150 for
the 12V Cloverleaf.

Jon Herbert
'90 164 3.0 V6 Lusso
Ludgershall, Wilts, UK.