Re: Clutch on 33

> The slowest part was probably getting everything to line up again:
> jack engine up, jack down, move 1 inch left, jack up, repeat until
> perfect).

Have helped do a similar job on a beetle, except the other way round -
we packed the engine up to about the right height, and then lowered the
rear end of the beetle down over the engine until it lined up and then
bolted the engine up the the bellhousing.

Ok, so we had an electrically controlled overhead crane that could move
in three planes, but you might be able to something similar with a heavy
duty trolley jack.

Tony
1969 Beetle
1979 Alfetta 2000 (parting out)
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                          *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader     *    *   339 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided       *    PO Box 1643
Phone: +61 7 3259 2382                     Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3259 2259              *      Australia