Slipping Milano Clutch

I think I know the answer but I'm looking for a glimmer of hope.

I've had clutches go on other cars so I know what it feels like.  My
Milano clutch is slipping badly.  I especially notice it upshifting it
into 2nd and 3rd.

My only glimmer of hope is that the clutch started slipping after I had
removed and reinstalled the clutch after replacing the clutch release
pivot bolt last fall.  Along with the pivot bolt, I installed new slave
and master cylinders at the same time.  Is there chance I did something
wrong in reinstalling the clutch?  I don't know what it could be but it
would be better than buying a new clutch.

One reason I bring this up is that I remember another digest posting
where someone was experiencing slippage even after installing a new
clutch.  I believe he was thinking that his slave was not fully
retracting.  I don't think I would have this problem with a new slave.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum