P-cars and Alfas

Thought I'd pass this interesting item on................

When I met Doug Sedon for lunch last week, he asked me what I thought about
the same steering wheel in the P-car 944 and the 164.  As I had just become
intimate with the 944 steering wheel by rewrapping it in new leather, I
still was surprised I had not noticed.  The p-car 944 and the 164 have the
same steering wheel!  The airbag cover is only embossed with different
logos, the horn button style is only very slightly different, but shaped
identically.   Doug is right!

This means you can easily pick up new leather to wrap your 164 steering
wheel (in greater color choices)

If you have an accident, you may have more sources for replacement air bags
(I am just guessing at this)

I have not had my 164 steering wheels off, but if the mounting is also the
same, adapters may be readily available for new Sparco, Nardi and Momo
steering wheels for the 164 for those of into customizing our rides!  Worth
checking into for those who want a wood wheel in the 164!

Mark Jones
Chevy Chase, MD

End of alfa-digest V7 #445