Re: Backfiring sud

> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:37:49 -0000
> From: "Jerry Parker" <jerry@domain.elided>
>
> Duncan, I had two Suds ('79 & '82) and this characteristic is completely =
> normal, part of their charm.
> That is ,if the noise is a 'fizz,crackle,pop' sort of noise; if it's =
> really bad perhaps the carb adjustment
> is not right ,maybe not cutting the fuel flow as much as normal?

Jerry,

  Thanks for the info. Others I have recieved replies from said more or
less the same thing.
  But this is something that has developed over the last couple of
months; previously it didn't do it. And it's not so much a "fizz,
crackle, pop" more a "pause... BANG ... pause BANG BANG BANG etc." very
loud not to mention annoying (and frankly rather embarrassing).
  How does the carburettor adjustment work to cut the fuel flow? How can
this be altered?

Cheers,
Duncan.