Re: Backfiring Sud

Duncan, I'm sorry to say that when I had my Suds I was a 100% 'chequebook
mechanic' as they were my first two cars, so I had very little 'hands-on'
experience. I think it must be a carb adjustment problem though so a carb
tuner might be your best bet to ensure all settings are on spec. Presumably
yours is a Weber (or twins on a Ti?) so the nearest Weber dealer could check
it. Perhaps the throttles are not closing completely if the accelerator
cable is not adjusted correctly?
You could also try a WWW search for Alfasud , I know I have seen more than
one site specifically for Suds/Sprints but can't remember the URLs.Sorry.
Good luck, Jerry.