Alt/Battery light staying o - fixed

Well the good news is I found out why my alt/battery light was staying
on after I started the car. The original symptoms were the light seemed
to turn off after the temp gage got up to normal operating temperature.
I thought to myself it worked fine before it went into the body shop and
now it doesn't. How does the saying go? 9/10 electrical problems are do
to gnd problems. Sure enough there is a gnd post with about 6
connections on it behind the fuse box on the left fender. The nut was
hand tight! A quick turn of the wrench and sure enough the light turned
off. Now the bad news. How does the saying go? When doing electrical
work always disconnect the battery. Well I forgot that saying because
when I was tightening the gnd post nut I touched the fuse box by
accident. Now when I turn the key the starter doesn't engage. Ugh. With
meter and schematic I climb under the dashboard once again.......

- -TomQ
'86 GTV6
Palo Alto, CA