Alfa flags

I got my flag in Guadeloupe. Thinking that I had nothing to lose, I went
into the capital's  Alfa dealer, pulled out all the French I had, and asked
to have one of the flags that was hanging on the wall of the dealership.  It
was a nice and large 4 color job, announcing that the 156 was the car of the
year, in French. To my surprise, the manager dispatched a lackey to cut the
cables and fetch it...
Then told him that I could not buy this Alfa in the US, to which he replied:
"Trop cher? (too expensive). When I told him that they did not import them
at all, he went back to his office, and came back with posters, brochures,
and a few assorted stickers.
Did I mention that this all happened on my honeymoon, with my new spouse in
tow? The only thing I am forbidden is motorcycles, but there is an extremely
high tolerance for multiple things on 4 wheels.
The flag now functions as a blind, sort of....The guy who owned the house
before us had a parrot, and it ate some of  the window coverings, I do not
know why...

luke
San Mateo, CA

74 Spider, 82 GTV6 (on loan to b-in-law), 95 164LS, 98 A6 Q (cat's new fave
bed)