Re: Vendors on the digest

At 07:22 AM 1/29/99 -0500, JHertzman@domain.elided wrote:
>Bill Harkell asks for opinions please on making his Alfa products known to
the
>digest, beyond the six lines in his sig paragraph.
>I think Ben Dixon had it exactly right that "since it is info that has been
>specifically requested, im sure noone would consider it improper if you gave
>us info you have that is relevant. - - People who make their livings selling
>alfa-related products should be able to give info as freely as anyone, so
long
>as it has been requested."

here is what i have always considered the fundamental policy to be:

1) reps of vendors who participate in the digest are free to mention their
afffiliations in their sigs

2) reps of vendors are free to answer direct questions, as long as they
focus on legitimate technical info and/or direct answers

3) over on the italian-cars-digest, i have permitted bruce matthews, who is
a paid advertiser, to post about specials from time to time.

richard