Re: Daughters and gearboxes

I can relate.  We have three kids in high school, my daughter being the
oldest.  Couldn't understand why anyone would want to drive anything but an
automatic.  That is... until I finished rebuilding and lightening my '88
spyder veloce gearbox.  Now  it's can I borrow the Alfa?  Cruel father I am,
she learned to drive the 3 speed Econoline van.  I recommend all father's
share the experience of changing oil, changing plugs, etc. with their
daughters.  It's quality bonding time.  And, on the chance they have a
breakdown on the road, there is always the chance that they won't have to
stand there like a bimbo waiting for some chauvinist to change their tire.
Paul Steffy in Chico
'88 Spyder Veloce