re: women and cars

> >American society has discouraged girls from pursuing technical related
> >activities such as computers or auto mechanics.
> >For example,  I can't think of a woman that I know that can change her
> >oil (even those who have technical degrees).  And although most of my
> >female friends think my Duetto is cute, they are thoroughly unimpressed
> >when I point out other Alfas such as the GTV6, Sports Sedan or Milano.

	Wowee! When did this thread start? This just goes to show you what
happens when I'm off the digest because I was building myself a new
computer -- and I couldn't get the right *&#$% (friggin') modem drivers
to install after I loaded NT Workstation.
	Whoever started the thread: it's your loss not to know some great
women! Between the local Alfa club, the local Porsche club, the local
autocross club, the webgrrls group I belong to, and the dog training
groups I belong to ... well... let's just say we can work on cars, kick
butt at the track, set up enterprise networks and web servers, and work at
problems just like any guy can!

Alfa content: Hey, while I was getting my tire patched (ran over a nail)
tonight (uh oh, was I supposed to have the equipment to make that
repair myself?) I saw John Smallwood's Lon-to-Mex car in a December
issue of AutoWeek. Did anyone catch it? He didn't make it through the
rally, but there's a great shot of the Berlina Super and the Giraffe. I
DROVE THAT CAR, right Hemsley?

Tess