Spider center support bearing&bushing

Ok,
Forget the radiator (previous posting) I'll figure it out.
Can I replace the center support assembly in my 76 Spider without removing
the whole driveshaft
from the car? ie; support the front half while removing the old assembly.
My cardisc has a procedure for an older car (not a spider) and the parts
appear to be quite different so I
don't know what t expect to find when I drop the rear half of the shaft.
(tapered shaft?key?spline?)
The guibo was replaced by the PO and is in very good condition so I prefer
not to mess with it
if I can avoid it.
Dave Partridge
76 Spider Veloce