re: Milano 3.0 Oil Pressure Guage Sending Unit

hi thomas, you asked:
>The oil pressure gauge (not the idiot light) sending unit (in my Verde)
>needs to be replaced. The gauge indicates from low oil pressure to no
>pressure (no oil loss). I am quite sure that the diaphragm inside the
>unit is shot. Looking at the unit (located above the bell housing), it's
>quite hard to remove when engine is in bay. Is there a "trick" in
<removing it without massive work? Would a crowfoot tool work (and what
>size) ? Please advise. Thanks.
my mechanic said a crowfoot won't fit - he took a wrench and cut it so it would
clear the firewall.  i was gonna do this, but i found a neat set of 'shorty'
wrenches at sears - got a whole set.  i believe you can use a 14mm or a 9/16"
shorty (or cut) wrench for this - it IS a pain, even w/the short wrench.

good luck,

doug s.