Milano 3.0 Oil Pressure Guage Sending Unit

Fellow Alfatis,

The oil pressure gauge (not the idiot light) sending unit (in my Verde)
needs to be replaced. The gauge indicates from low oil pressure to no
pressure (no oil loss). I am quite sure that the diaphragm inside the
unit is shot. Looking at the unit (located above the bell housing), it's
quite hard to remove when engine is in bay. Is there a "trick" in
removing it without massive work? Would a crowfoot tool work (and what
size) ? Please advise. Thanks.

thomas