Congrads on the Alfa!

Roger

I am glad you joined the "elite" 164LS group!  Did you know that only '356
1994 164 cars were sold in the US?  Makes our cars even more special, hey?

I had a few words to say regarding the comments you made, that are so
familiar to me!

- - - Some segments of the clock's LCD are shot (big deal)

Unfortunately, the LCD panel has a short life span and costs $1,600 to
replace if bought new.  As time goes by, you will probably see less and
less of the whole display, so be prepared!

- - - The front fog lamp lenses seem cracked, although the fog lights function
normally (by the way, are they always a bit anemic?)

Yes, they do crack primarily because of rocks from other cars.  They cost
~$110 and they are really best for fogy days.  I do use them at night
because they provide good illumination directly in front and to the sides
of the car.  Plus, it looks cool!

- - - When closing the sunroof, it seems to bump into the wind deflector
sometimes, and I have to stick my finger in to free it.

Oil the hinge mechanism and push the wind deflector down a few times to
ensure that the oil will spread to the mechanism.  You should not have
problems afterward.

- - - I feel there's a good amount of wind noise coming from the closed sunroof
at speed (70 mph +)...or could it be the cell phone antenna on the top of
the rear window?

Yes, there is wind noise.  The best way I have found to minimize it, is to
push the sunroof button that opens the sliding function, and then fully
close it with the other button that provides the pop-up function.  It
appears that you get a better seal when you close the sunroof after it has
been retracted rather than poped-up.

Spiros
'94 164LS
'85 Spider