Re: 85 Spider Rear Axle Removal

Make sure the problem isn't the rear wheel bearings before you attack the
rear end. It's much more common for the wheel bearings to go than the diff.
You should drain the diff and inspect both the oil and the drain plug, tho.

In general, it's also a lot easier to just swap out the rear end for a used
one than have your old one rebuilt, IF you find that your old one is bad.

You should probably get a copy of Pat Braden's Alfa Owners Bible. Removing
the rear end is pretty straightforward.