GTV6 Paint Code and Type - Followup

Alfisti,

for those of you who followed or provided helpful responses to my questions
about paint and trim color combinations available for my 1982 GTV6, I thought
it would be courteous to provide some followup information.  I found the paint
code sticker on the inside of the hatch lid, and confirmed that the paint code
is indeed AR-908, black (or charcoal, or whatever), as predicted by John H (the
one in the US).  This indicates that the car is indeed still wearing its
original paint, as I suspected.

Furthermore, the sticker bears the words "Acrilico Thermoplastico", which is a
pretty clear indication of the paint type even given my infinitesmal grasp of
Italian, assuming this does not translate into "laquer" through some bizarre
twist of Italian logic.  All that remains is to determine if the body shop I
have lined up knows how to match this paint type correctly.  They seem to know
what they are doing, since they are no stranger to classic Italian cars; I have
seen Lancias, Fiats as well as an in-progress restoration of a 1975 GTV which
had rust in all the places not normally found on this model, and little in the
usual locations.  As a result, there were no preformed patches available so
they were fabricating the patches themselves.  Not cheap, but they quality of
the work appeared to be excellent to my untrained eye.  They have also done
some nice work on a wrecked Ferrari.

Thanks,

Dave J.
1982 GTV6 (now motorless, almost ready for welding)

- --

End of alfa-digest V7 #412