Re: Totalled Alfa

I'm in the middle of a similar scenario myself. My '78 Spider was struck
by an idiot running a red light at 45mph last week. Luckily, she hit the
car in the nose just in front of the wheels, destroying the sheet metal
and twisting the frame, but didn't hurt me at all.

My big debate at this point is whether it makes sense to fix this car or
to do the larger job of moving all the bits over the perfect, straight
1979 Spider ... The repairs here estimate out at nearly $4000 so far,
before we get it on the chassis machine, so it likely makes more sense to
take that money and put it into making the unblemished '79 a cherry
Spider. I might even be able to wing fitting the '82 powertrain into it
in the bargain, for a bit more power and easier maintenance.

fun fun fun... sigh.

Godfrey