Re: alfa-digest V7 #394

In a message dated 1/15/99 9:59:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I'm not in the bidding but I do wonder how you go about getting a non-US
 spec car into the USA. Every once in a while you see a neat car, a 68
 Giulia or 72 GTj, advertised for sale overseas or in Canada and if I
 were ever serious it would be good to know what's involved >>

The fact..... D.O.T. ( Dept. of Transportation) allows automobiles 25 years or
older into the U.S.A. with no federalization requirements. I know because I
was in Italy six weeks ago and fell in love with a 1972 GT1300 Jr. which
someone had forgotten to drive. After checking I found out I could import it.
At the last minute I found a '74 GTV in equally good condition so I bought it
instead.

Marc Mosko
'65 Giulia Veloce Spider
'74 GTV