RE: Turbo Autodelta

Marc Jungo wrote:

<<For several weeks, I posted a question on the digest concerning my
father's Giulietta Turbo 2.0 Autodelta. I just wondered if anyone had
any informations about this car, since it is like it never existed! I
reiceived no answer, but I don't despair...>>

My copy of "How to Power Tune Alfa Romeo Twin Cam Engines for Road & Track"
(man that's a long title) states the following:

"In fact, as early as 1979 the factory came up with the GTV Turbodelta
(Turbo Autodelta) which had a 2000 engine, Dellorto carburetors and a KKK
turbo.  "Street power" of this homologation special was 150bhp, while in
race trim it approached 300!  These cars are very rare today to say the
least.  After the GTV Turbodelta came the Giulietta Turbodelta, with 175bhp
on tap and a turbo made by Alfa Romeo Auto, the company's aeronautical
division.  These cars are rare also, but not as rare as the GTV turbos."

Hope this helps!

- -John
Seattle, WA
'69 GTV