Bill in Dallas

******************
Before I go toe to toe with the adjuster I would appreciate
any information on book value and retail value on the car, an
'87 silver 5 speed, in great shape "sob", approx 90,000 miles.
Do you think I can buy the car back, I can use the drive train
in my GTV6.
******************

Bill, get hold of a November '98 issue of Sports Car Market magazine. It
lists your car's value as between $3,000 & $4,500. If you have any
documentation on the car plus prior photos, don't let them sell you
short. Then, after you finally agree upon a value for the car, say, "Of
course you'll throw in the car/wreck, because it certainly wasn't my
fault (works better if you're dealing with "their" insurance company)."
It worked for me and my daily driver is an "of course you'll throw
in...".

Biba
Irwindale CA