Re: alfa-digest V7 #389

alfa@domain.elided,Internet writes:

>Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:35:00 PST
>From: "carlo mastrogiacomo" <c_mastrogiacomo@domain.elided>
>Subject: -GTV6- catalyst overtemp warning device
>
>One more little problem with my GTV6. I wonder if anybody knows the
>answer...
>The EXH SENSOR light of my 1982 GTV6 is continously on. The fuse of the
>catalyst warning device *seems* OK (a section of the wire in the fuse is
>*extremely* thin, but I guess is normal for a 0.1 amp fuse), but I'll
>replace it anyway.
>The interesting thing is, the warning device (the square black box below
>the dashboard and behind the passenger's parcel shelf) is leaking oil!
>Is a very light oil, not the engine kind, and the leak (a few drops,
>actually) was coming from the single red wire connecting to the box (not
>from the multiwire connector just above it).
>Does anybody know what's inside that black box?
>
>Thanks
>Carlo
>1982 Balocco GTV6

There is a black box with a white button that serves as the O2 sensor mileage
counter.  Are you referring to that?  As for your Ehx Sensor, if it truly is
not running rich, check the metal braiding on the probe that goes into the Cat.
 If it is worn and lost its continuity, I believe that will trigger the light.

th