Re: GTV 6GP/ Split dash saga

John Heideman wrote:

>I am confused with this.  Was this change in airbox only the Alfetta
>sedan or the GTV?
I just rang around to check this out. The garages I rang reckon
that late 1983 to 1985 Alfetta GTVs, Strada GTVs (not sure of
their year - was it 1983?), and 116 Guiliettas have the flat
filter airbox. However, all of this information is verbal and I
have yet to find a definitive hard copy source.

>My '82 GTV has the airbox you describe.  As far as I know it is
>original and has the flat filter element.  My car is compliance
>plated in 1982 which probably means it was built sometime in 1981.
>My mechanic has a 1981 Alfetta GTV and it has the same airbox
>and I believe it is standard too.
Hmm... this goes against what I was told above! Is there a
record of the features of each year anywhere? It would be a
handy reference.

Regards,
Robert Jones,
1979 Alfetta GTV 2000