Re: GTV 6GP/ Split dash saga..

Ciao Alfisti,

Bill Magoffin wrote:

>I'd be interested if anyone can add anything to the following
>queries on the late Australian 116 coupes:

>Did other changes occured in 1984 with the unified dash in
>the 2.0 and in mid '85 when the isostatic bix came in on
>the GTV6.
According to the Haynes Alfetta manual supplement, in
late 1983 electronic ignition - both Bosch and Marelli,
became standard. Also there is a picture of a multi-piece
1st/2nd gear synchro, which I assume would have been an
attempt to fix the graunch phenomenon. I have not seen
or heard of anyone using this style synchro... Do they
even exist? There is no mention of any changes to shift
linkages in this supplement.

Another change was the interior upgrade to Recaro-style
front seats.

There was also a redesign of the air filter box around 1984,
going to a rectangular/flat filter element, (Technocar
part # A151), instead of the "classical" tubular element.
The air box includes (bottom) half ram tubes and IMHO,
improves air flow. They are also very hard to find.

>Did the 2.0 get the Isostatic box?
I can't find anything concrete - just a reference to
"improved shifting" in one of the Brooklands Alfetta
road test book. Was the multi-piece synchro used in
the transaxles with isostatic shifters?

>Did the 2.0 die mid '85 (when the GTV6 got a new platform
>and gearbox) or struggle on for another 6 months or so in
>line with the pre-unleaded GTV6. We there any Unleaded
>GTV6's in 1986/7 which were not GP's?
I will defer these questions to others.

Regards,
Robert Jones,
1979 Alfetta GTV 2000 with 1983 Bosch electronic ignition and 1984 air
filter box
Sydney, Australia