GTV 6GP/ Split dash saga..

FWIW I forgot to mention in the last note that Australia got at least 2
(that I know of) GTV6's fitted with a body kit which looks the same as that
used on the US "Maratona" model. The kit is very distinctive with a low
front air dam with large gaping air intake below the bumper line, wheel
arch flares and side skirts. The cars I know of were specially built and
used by Alfa Australia as show cars in (I think) 1986. One was also used
for publicity purposes and a Alfa Australia calendar exists with a picture
of one of the cars with a nude female model draped over the bonnet!!!. Both
cars were white, one is now in Sydney and the other in Brisbane. To my
knowledge they were not offered as a special model and the kits were
sourced from the US. They were also fitted with the Ronal "telephone dial"
wheels with white centres.

Also I think Jonesy has it right over the 2.0 split dash issue with the
unified dash arriving with a second "new" upgrade in 1984.

I'd be interested if anyone can add anything to the following queries on
the late Australian 116 coupes:

Did other changes occured in 1984 with the unified dash in the 2.0 and in
mid '85 when the isostatic bix came in on the GTV6.
Did the 2.0 get the Isostatic box?
Did the 2.0 die mid '85 (when the GTV6 got a new platform and gearbox) or
struggle on for another 6 months or so in line with the pre-unleaded GTV6.
We there any Unleaded GTV6's in 1986/7 which were not GP's?

Regds

Bill