re: steering wheels

>Does anyone have any experience/recommendations
>for recovering leather warped steering wheels. I
>have a momo on my Porsche 914 (summer car) and a
>nardi on my GTV6 (winter car). Both are very worn
>and are in desperate need of recovering.
>John Bundy

I have done this but it is not easy. My upholsterer does is to cut a strip
of leather and then runs both edges on his sewing machine to put a set of
hole down each side. I then glue the strip to my wheel either after
removing the old leather or in the case of wanting to increase the grip
diameter I go over the old leather. Then I sit down and begin the long
process of stitching up the ends by hand. The stitching process usually
takes a few hours. This is why most shops wont do it because it would cost
more than the wheel is worth. But if you have the free time it works out.

TOM SAHINES ARA TECH HOT LINE SAN JOSE CA