re: steering wheels

In AD v7n385, John wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for recovering leather warped
>steering wheels.  I have a momo on my Porsche 914 (summer car) and a nardi on
>my GTV6 (winter car).

I assume you meant "wrapped"...

Try this:

1. On the p-car it's best to replace rather than repair/recover.
2. Replacement should, of course, be a quality Italian made wheel.
3. Make certain the p-car is still attached to the old wheel when you dispose
of it. 4. Install the new Italian wheel on the GTV6.
5. Drive the GTV6 summer AND winter.
6. Enjoy.

Just one person's opinion ...

Tom
'63 Spider (good, original plastic & aluminum wheel)
Seattle