Re: '77 Spider Questions

Ty,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alfahood, although mine is a 74, I beleive
that they are practically identical, inside at least...

>I am the new (and extremely happy) owner of a '77 Spider and have several
>questions (not in any particular order):
>
>1) How do I turn the windshield wash on?
There is a foot pedal to the left of the clutch, press on it with your left
foot, and (if it works properly) it will spray washerfluid on the windscreen
and activate the wipers.

>2) How can I tell if it has original paint?
You can't really, check the inside of the bootlid, there should be a sticker
giving you the color code, otherwise take out the carpets (look under them)
the floorboards should have the same color as the car.

>3) Are there any Alfa clubs in Vancouver, Canada?
Dunno, I'm in San Francisco

>4) Where could I get a good shop manual and an owners manual?
Try www.cardisc.com great CD-rom, and the must have is Pat Braden's Alfa
Owners bible

>5) What does "Iniezione" mean? Don't make fun of me if it means
"spider"....
Iniezione means injection, refers to the Spica mechanical indirect injection
system

>6) What do the 4 little lights above the gear shift mean (blue, green and 2
>red (one red one is the 'lights on' indicator))?
Green is lights on, blue is high beams on, the red one to the left is fuel
pressure warning light (should only blink once shortly) the right one is oil
pressure warning light (should go out when engine starts)

>7) What is that little knob below the ashtray and beside the choke pull?
No idea

>8) Does anybody have another Spider in good condition for sale that lives
>relatively close to Vancouver? (A friend likes mine so much that he wants
>one too!)
Goota get those Spiders on the road...

Best regards,

Henrik Johansen, ARA