pastries and politicians (no Alfa content)

Actually, JFK's problem was not the word "Berliner," it was the
indefinite article "ein."  If he'd said "ich bin Berliner," he would have
been grammatically correct.  But instead he said "ich bin ein Berliner,"
which is closer to "I am a jelly donut."  I believe the crowd cheered
because, although most policitians <underline>are</underline> similar to
jelly donuts, usually they don't candidly volunteer that information in a
public forum.

Charlie Koster

1986 GTV-6

Kagel Canyon, CA