RE: 164S Retirement

My 164 ('91, base, auto) did exactly the same thing.  I had a brand new
rack installed for about $1200.  The only problem was that I had to wait 5
weeks to get it from Italy (auto racks are not stocked).  The dealer where
I had it installed did not want to use a remanufactured rack because they
said they had experienced too many problems with them.  If the new one
died they would cover the labor (and parts) for the exchange.

Dan Scolaro
87 Milano
91 164