164S retirement

My 1991 164S has developed a severe hemorrhage from the steering rack =
(past the seals at the piston).  It has been a faithful daily driver =
since 1993, when it had a mere 27000 miles.  Mileage is now 138000.  =
Because I have too much else going on right now,  it seems time to =
retire the 164 from the daily grind and the need to do the maintenance =
needed to have a high-mileage Alfa provide reliable transportation =
60-200 miles a day.  I could keep it for fun or restoration.  So there =
are several alternatives.  (1)  Sell it to someone who wants the =
restoration project; (2)  Keep it and find a salvage rack, or a source =
of rebuild parts (I believe the rack is a TRW, and if so, it was =
probably made in the USA; does anyone now the OEM, and whether parts are =
available?)

The car is in Greensboro NC and has been well-maintained and has a =
straight, rust-free body.  The paint (red) and interior (black, Alfa =
seats) are in good, but not excellent condition for the age and mileage =
(stone chips here and there, carpet wear, leather showing some fade, =
crack in rear bumper cover).  Power steering is inop; the fluid blows =
out as fast as it can be put in.  Engine runs well.  New Alfa exhaust, =
new tires (P6000 195/65-15  VR).  A/C needs freon but has a compressor =
one year old.  About due for a timing belt.  New front pads, no known =
brake system issues.  Transmission appears fine, clutch replaced at =
about 80,000 miles.  Suspension occasionally flashes a red light (bad =
connection at the plug to one shock, I think, but that's not verified).  =
Factory radio and other equipment.  Had the stepper motor problem =
(fixed); the tensioner replacement, Right side control arm bushing, =
various hoses, the filler hose recall, etc.  All the usual 164 stuff.  =
Driveable with manual steering (consider whether there may be a =
potential problem with the rack binding; it hasn't happened, but proceed =
at your own risk), or haul it away on a rollback.   Make an offer.

OR=20

If you know of where OEM parts can be obtained to rebuild the rack, or =
of who might have a salvage rack, any info would be appreciated.

I have regretted selling every Alfa I ever sold, and will no doubt (if I =
sell this one) regret it forever.  I reserve the right to come to my =
senses, refuse all offers, fix it and drive it another 20 years.

Rick Sharpless
fsharple@domain.elided