re: SUV hazards

It depends on what kind of "older" Alfas you're talking about. An Alfa
with dual Webers and no catalyst produces pollution far in excess of
anything with EFI and a cat. Hell, just the evaporative emissions every
time you shut off a Weber car are worth 10 SUV's.

Note also that up to a certain point in time, most of the glass on
Alfas was NOT safety glass. On my '67 GTV, only the windshield is
safety glass. All the rest is tempered plate glass. Unless you've
replaced the seat belts every 5-10 years, they're a time bomb too.

Mind you, I hate SUV's, but I'm not going to let that confuse the
issue. ;=) Let's not kid ourselves, folks. Cars have come a long way
in 30 years. We just don't happen to like the way they're going!