Re: BAR F1 debut

Actually, this article fails to mention the fact that the FIA has determined
that the dual livery approach is not acceptable.  BAR has argued over this for
some time and is now pursuing litigation to try and force the FIA to accept it.
 This is generally regarded as unlikely to suceed and a poor move on behalf of
BAR, whose 1999 entry has yet to be officially approved by the FIA.  Not a good
idea to annoy the governing body of a sport you are trying to enter.  So it
seems premature to assume that the cars will in fact appear in the dual
liveries.  If they cannot, I understand this will cause BAR a lot of
sponsorship problems, since they are relying on money from both brands.

Another comment on the article: Silverstone is not really the motor racing
Silicon Valley, certainly not in F1 terms.  The majority of the successful F1
teams are based in the Surrey area, SW of London, while Silverstone is much
further north.  Even the new Honda team is based in Berkshire, and under John
Barnard Ferrari chassis development was being done in the same area.

Dave J. (pleased to tout the automotive ability of his maligned home country)
1982 GTV6

On Jan 7,  1:41pm, Jay T Hinton wrote:

> For those interested in Formula One,  please check:
> www.atlasf1.com/news/1045.htm  for the article on the new BAR F1 cars.
>  At least you will have a heads up on how to identify them at the
> Austrailian Grand Prix.

- --