Lucas guided missiles

I used to work on guided missiles including the HARM, Sidewinder, Sparrow 7M
and Phoenix. The other day they shot off a couple of Phoenix at some Iraqi
jets. I believe this is the first time a Phoenix was ever launched in
aggression - they both missed. They also fired off a couple of AMRAAM
AIM-120's which is one of our most advanced air to air missiles and they
both missed as well.

Years ago when we shot down a couple of Libyan Migs I think they fired 4
Sparrows and they all missed. Finally had to take them out with Sidewinders
which is one of the oldest and least sophisticated missile systems we have.

Point is - maybe we shouldn't laugh about Lucas guided missiles. Hughes and
Raytheon don't seem to have a sterling record themselves!

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided