Lucas guided missiles

Greetings Alfisti!
      I believe Lucas (the prince of darkness)made guidance parts for the
ROLAND surface to air missile system.The system came in an InfraRed and semi
active radar homing version.The US army bought a number of these abominations
and retired  them to Army National Guard units and then to museums after the
gulf war  rather quickly when they discovered that the PPK (hit to kill
probability)was "less than expected".I.E., they couldn't hit the broad side of
a barn (full of Lucas refrigerators,warm beer, intermittent windshield wipers
and flicker dim and off headlights.)Sadly, the Army's vaunted Patriot missile
system isn't much better (contrary to the glowing reports we are all led to
believe)And you thought the pentagon's $30,000 hammers were expensive........
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA