Auto restoration

I, too, plan on one day trying my hand at a restoration. My goal is to
find a "box car"... a car that someone has given up restoring due to
time/money/lack of will, that is in many boxes. These cars seem to come
up 2-3 times a year here on the digest.

Also, as they sometimes say, "the process is the goal". If I get a car
to restore, I won't be trying to get a neat car cheap to save money and
end up with something cool to drive. I'll be getting a project,
something to work on during weekends and summer evenings. The goal will
be to learn how to, say, rebuild an engine, strip paint, take stuff
apart, put it back together, re-appholster (sp?), etc., not just get
something to drive. If I do get a neat car to drive at the end, more's
the better. But to me at least, that's not the point. The journey is the
destination . :)

Scott Johnson
Alfa Spider FAQ Author