Re: 164 euro light FAQ

> Bill
>
> Thanks for the info.  I am still interested in the lights despite the
> necessary legal lingo/precautions ;-)
Off road use only... :o)

> My concerns are the following:
> - Will the installation be "plug-and-play"?  If I decide to part with  the
> car, the next owner may for some reason want the original units in which
> case retrofitting may be a problem.
No, the plug is different for which I made a pigtail so I didn't damage
the wires. Also the circuit is different on non USA cars where the highs
and lows are on when using High. You can install a diode if you want
full blinding performance :o) mechanical installation is a snap.
> - Are the lights the same units that were installed on non-US models from
> 1994 and on? Are they original Alfa parts?
As far as my current knowledge goes, they are OEM and 94 up.
> - What is your impression of their performance gain?  Are the lights
> similar to those you see from late models Mercedes and Audis?
95 % cosmetic, nicer beam, more flexibilty from bulb standpoint.
Sharper  beam but it's mostly for looks.
Not the new funky BMW bulbs. Regular H1.

look at http://members.tripod.com/alfabill/weltyfund.htm to see them on
a car.
 Thanks again!

- --
Bill Harkell
Internet Sales Department
Mastro Subaru/Alfa Romeo
Tampa Florida USA
Toll Free 800-683-2532 Int'l 813-884-7513 FAX 813-885-7160
http://mastrosubaru.com